Everything AML Compliance Teams Need to Know About Crypto
June 1, 2021 | 12 – 1:30 pm ET | 1 CAMS | Register Now
Cryptocurrencies have gone from obscure to mainstream over the course of the decade. Banks can no longer ignore the risks—or forfeit the rewards—of the blockchain. A December 2020 survey by Cornerstone Advisors found that 15 percent of US consumers own cryptocurrency and that of those, 60 percent would use their bank to make such investments.
At the same time, regulators are stepping up pressure on financial institutions to identify and report any suspicious activity related to the exploitation of crypto currencies for money laundering, sanctions evasion, and other illicit financing purposes.
In this webinar, CipherTrace CEO Dave Jevans will present a complete primer for banks and financial institutions on how crypto transactions flow through the financial system, how crypto users and transactions evade detection and how to take a risk-based approach to this emerging financial instrument.
Attendees will learn:
- How and where to detect cryptocurrency activity in traditional financial operations
- The role banks play in converting fiat currencies to crypto and back again
- The risks of sanctions violations and terrorist funding due to undetected crypto transactions
- The opportunities cryptocurrency presents for financial institutions
- What it takes to custody cryptocurrency and provide other crypto-related services