A leader in software solutions for client relationship management, compliance and fraud prevention, Tier1 Financial Solutions’ is passionate about helping accelerate our clients’ digital transformation initiatives with our CRM, AML and compliance solutions. Founded in 2007 and located in Toronto, Ottawa and New York, Tier1 today has over 150 employees and services over 200 clients globally, including the world’s largest financial institutions.
We’re looking for a Software Developer to join the compliance and fraud prevention division of Tier1. Operating under the Alessa brand, the compliance division is focused on creating comprehensive solutions to help financial institutions and many other organizations to comply with regulations and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and many other forms of financial crime. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime to continue their criminal activities. Fighting financial crime using advanced data analytics is a cutting-edge space with Anti-Money Laundering software and advanced analytics being driven by some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a member of the development team, you will design, implement, and test our software consistent with engineering standards and best practices. With a strong understanding of customer requirements, you can see the big picture and assist the team to maintain customer focus while developing and maintaining existing features.
You will also have the opportunity to help shape our future development by providing input regarding new technologies and process improvements.
- Hands-on research and development of the architecture and features for our data analytic, and consumer-facing web platforms, which serves major financial institutions worldwide.
- Work with management, business stakeholders, product owners, and technical staff to design and brainstorm solutions.
- Work on proof-of-concepts (POCs) and cutting-edge features that are continuously deployed into production
- Influence product decisions, features based on your real-world experience.
- Proactively analyze and bring ideas for continuous improvement of the platform.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent comparable professional experience
- 3+ years of professional solution development and design experience
- Extensive experience C# – Python – Web API – SQL/NoSql
- Experience with front-end web development using NET, AngularJS, React, ExtJS, jQuery, CSS, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience in test-driven development and test coverage tooling
- Experience with Agile Frameworks (i.e., Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with TDD, DDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Experience with containerizing and orchestrating software like Docker and Kubernetes
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible work environment. We also encourage can-do, collaboration, and possibility thinking that will enable you to take your career to the next level.
To give you an idea of what we mean when we say we encourage outside-of-the-box thinking, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- The ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Join us in this exciting new opportunity!
Tier1 Financial Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.