QA Automation and Performance Tester
A leader in software solutions for client relationship management, compliance and fraud prevention, Tier1 Financial Solutions’ is passionate about helping accelerate our clients’ digital transformation initiatives with our CRM, AML and compliance solutions. Founded in 2007 and located in Toronto, Ottawa and New York, Tier1 today has over 150 employees and services over 200 clients globally, including the world’s largest financial institutions.
We’re looking for a QA Automation and Performance Tester to join the compliance and fraud prevention division of Tier1. Operating under the Alessa brand, the compliance division is focused on creating comprehensive solutions to help financial institutions and many other organizations to comply with regulations and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and many other forms of financial crime. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime to continue their criminal activities. Fighting financial crime using advanced data analytics is a cutting-edge space with Anti-Money Laundering software and advanced analytics being driven by some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a member of the scrum team, the QA Automation and Performance Tester partners with development to ensure the quality of the software is consistent with company standards. You are responsible for seeing the big picture and looking at the product more from a user/customer point of view, which means you are customer-focused and you ensure the entire team maintains this focus. You are willing to learn and understand what customers do with the software and understand the customer’s software requirements.
- Create and execute manual test cases, troubleshoot defects, and perform exploratory manual testing.
- Build and maintain an effective suite of automated tests to continually ensure quality and increase team velocity.
- Build and maintain a set of performance labs, focused on stress testing setups similar to customer environments.
- Set up and maintain a set of cloud services to test usage of back-end cloud components.
- Create test cases, and maintain the test case backlog for both manual and automated test cases.
- Work as part of a self-directed team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Contribute to advancements in overall quality within the team and company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience, including 2+ years of programming or 2+ years automated testing
- Experience writing test cases, creating test plans and executing tests
- Experience designing and implementing load and performance tests
- Experience with deployment of cloud based services – knowledge of Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience with Gherkin, Cucumber, C#, Postman, Selenium WebDriver and other test automation tools, and concepts such as unit testing and performance/load testing
- Solid knowledge of and experience using Windows Server Operating Systems (2012, 2016)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated superior troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently & meticulously with minimal guidance towards tight product delivery timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies & continuously learning
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible work environment. We also encourage can-do, collaboration, and possibility thinking that will enable you to take your career to the next level.
To give you an idea of what we mean when we say we encourage outside-of-the-box thinking, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- The ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Join us in this exciting new opportunity!
Tier1 Financial Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.