A leader in software solutions for client relationship management, compliance and fraud prevention, Tier1 Financial Solutions’ is passionate about helping accelerate our clients’ digital transformation initiatives with our CRM, AML and compliance solutions. Founded in 2007 and located in Toronto, Ottawa and New York, Tier1 today has over 150 employees and services over 200 clients globally, including the world’s largest financial institutions.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the compliance and fraud prevention division of Tier1. Operating under the Alessa brand, the compliance division is focused on creating comprehensive solutions to help financial institutions and many other organizations to comply with regulations and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and many other forms of financial crime. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime to continue their criminal activities. Fighting financial crime using advanced data analytics is a cutting-edge space with Anti-Money Laundering software and advanced analytics being driven by some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The Product Manager is a key role in the product team focusing on creating solutions to help our clients combat financial crimes. You will lead the charge in growing Alessa’s transaction monitoring and real-time screening capabilities. Along with other Product Managers you will be integrating these capabilities in Alessa’s core investigative and compliance modules.
Being in-sync with the customers and thoroughly understanding and predicting their needs is a key requirement in defining product vision. You will partner with engineering, design, sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The role requires considerable knowledge of suspicious activity monitoring, conducting investigations and reporting to regulators. If you are excited about creating beautifully simple solutions to complex problems, then Alessa is the perfect place for your creative energies.
- Communicate, enroll and create excitement and commitment for the product roadmap and vision both internally and externally;
- Identify new growth opportunities, backed by business cases, for transaction and activity monitoring across multiple industries;
- Acts as the voice of the customer and become obsessed with making compliance officers’ lives easier;
- Prioritize analytics opportunities using continuous market research and competitive analysis;
- Understand and define clients’ pain points and develop solution artifacts and use cases for the Engineering teams;
- Work closely across sales, marketing and engineering (both internally and with partners) to help establish the strategy and execution;
- Support sales activities as a product expert required to drive new client acquisition and retain client base;
- Be an evangelist with a relentless sense of curiosity in demonstrating and validating product capabilities;
- Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to drive
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must be able to convert complex concepts into simple use cases.
- 3-5 years of experience in Compliance conducting transaction analytics and investigation in relevant industries.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner/Manager translating business requirements and analysis into consumer facing digital
- Experience in Agile product management and/or pragmatic product
- Quantitative and business analysis skills; Strong project management and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills with keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences.
- Experience as a public speaker or influencer would be an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible work environment. We also encourage can-do, collaboration, and possibility thinking that will enable you to take your career to the next level.
To give you an idea of what we mean when we say we encourage outside-of-the-box thinking, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- The ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Join us in this exciting new opportunity!
Tier1 Financial Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.