Cloud Ops Engineer
A leader in software solutions for client relationship management, compliance and fraud prevention, Tier1 Financial Solutions’ is passionate about helping accelerate our clients’ digital transformation initiatives with our CRM, AML and compliance solutions. Founded in 2007 and located in Toronto, Ottawa and New York, Tier1 today has over 150 employees and services over 200 clients globally, including the world’s largest financial institutions.
We’re looking for a Cloud Ops Engineer to join the compliance and fraud prevention division of Tier1. Operating under the Alessa brand, the compliance division is focused on creating comprehensive solutions to help financial institutions and many other organizations to comply with regulations and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and many other forms of financial crime. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime to continue their criminal activities. Fighting financial crime using advanced data analytics is a cutting-edge space with Anti-Money Laundering software and advanced analytics being driven by some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and configuration for our continuous integration and delivery systems across many projects. You will be working closely with our software development and testing teams to design and build a set of technologies and procedures to improve the development/deployment processes.
You will also be writing code to automate the onboarding of new customers into our cloud infrastructure, paying special attention to performance, scalability and security. You will also be developing various management tools and deployment utilities that will be used by different teams within the company.
- Develop automated dev-ops deployments with CI/CD best practices
- Support & maintaining cloud deployments
- Work with development and delivery teams to improve deployment processes
- Consistently produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Work within a team structure as well as independently to complete deliverables
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Cloud services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, etc.)
- CI/CD platforms (Azure Devops, Jenkins, CircleCi, Teamcity, Bamboo, etc.)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, GO)
- Orchestration and Automation Tools (Git, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Virtualization (VMware, KVM)
- SQL or NoSQL databases
- Troubleshooting using monitoring and observability tools such as DataDog, Prometheus, Graphana, Sysdig, etc.
- Microsoft Azure Services (Service Bus/Queueing, AppServices, Storage, VMs, Azure Functions, etc.)
- Cloud based structured logging / monitoring aggregating frameworks (Azure Log Analytics, DataDog,
- Prometheus, Graphana, Sumo Logic, etc.)
- Azure DevOps/Git – release and branching strategies, pull requests, pipline and release scripts
- Experience with search engine and NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, load balancing and firewalls
- Experience with development and automated testing
We offer a competitive salary and flexible work environment. We also encourage can-do, collaboration, and possibility thinking. To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Join us in this exciting new opportunity!
Tier1 Financial Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.